jueves, 24 de julio de 2008

DIANA KRALL



"Let´s fall in love"


* Después de años escuchando sus canciones por fin hoy veré en directo a Diana Krall, nuevamente en el Kursaal. Espero que toque,entre otras, la bonita versión de "A case of you" de Joni Mitchell que tanto emocionó el otro día a Shay.

"A case of you"

Just before our love got lost you said
I am as constant as a northern star
And I said, constant in the darkness
Wheres that at?
If you want me Ill be in the bar

On the back of a cartoon coaster
In the blue tv screen light
I drew a map of canada
Oh canada
And your face sketched on it twice

Oh you are in my blood like holy wine
Oh and you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you
I could drink a case of you darling
And I would still be on my feet
Oh Id still be on my feet

Oh I am a lonely painter
I live in a box of paints
Im frightened by the devil
And Im drawn to those ones that aint afraid
I remember that time that you told me, you said
Love is touching souls
Surely you touched mine

Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time

Oh you are in my blood like holy wine
And you taste so bitter but you taste so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you
I could drink a case of you darling
Still Id be on my feet
And still be on my feet

I met a woman
She had a mouth like yours
She knew your life
She knew your devils and your deeds
And she said
Color go to him, stay with him if you can
Oh but be prepared to bleed
Oh but you are in my blood youre my holy wine
Oh and you taste so bitter, bitter and so sweet
Oh I could drink a case of you darling
Still Id be on my feet
Id still be on my feet

JONI MITCHELL

5 comentarios:

Emily dijo...

Yo la veo mañana, en un lugar cerca del mar también! Lo comentamos la semana que viene? jeje. A ver si nos gusta. Vendrá el maridito?

desconvencida dijo...

¡Qué casualidad Emily! Ya comentaremos a la vuelta, tengo muchas ganas del concierto de esta noche,seguro que no nos decepciona!
Besos...

Emily dijo...

Descon, cuando me refería al maridito, era a Elvis Costello! Creo que mi frase induce a error! jeje

desconvencida dijo...

jeje, Emily, te entendí perfectamente! :D

No vi a Costello por ahí...de hecho ahora recuerdo que ella dijo que también estaba de gira...

The Incredible E.G.O´Riley dijo...

No me gusta La Krall pero esta canción de la inigualable Joni Mitchell tiene magia.
Sólo pasaba por aquí para saludar.

saludos!.

 
Free counter and web stats