viernes, 5 de junio de 2009

GOING UP THE COUNTRY


I'm going up the country, baby, don't you wanna go
I'm going up the country, baby, don't you wanna go
I'm going to some place where I've never been before

I'm going, I'm going where the water tastes like wine
I'm going where the water tastes like wine
We can jump in the water, stay drunk all the time

I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
I'm gonna leave this city, got to get away
All this fussing and fighting, man, you know I sure can't stay

Now, Baby, pack your leaving trunk, you know we got to leave today
Just exactly where we going I can not say
But we might even leave the U.S.A.
'Cause it's a brand new game, and I want to play

No use of you running or screaming and crying
'Cause you got a home as long as I've got mine

CANNED HEAT


* Esta canción, que popularizó el grupo "Canned Heat" durante el Festival de Woodstock (algunos la describieron como el "himno no oficial" del Festival), ha tenido muchas versiones, la última de un grupo de rockabilly londinense "Kitty, Daisy & Lewis", que pude ver el pasado viernes en el Primavera Sound.


KITTY, DAISY AND LEWIS

4 comentarios:

Alex dijo...

Temazo. Tengo el vinilo de Woodstock destrás de mí ahora mismo. Ganas me dan de ponerlo si no fuesen casi las dos de la mañana.

desconvencida dijo...

Qué suerte,Alex, espero que a estas horas ya no te de reparo ponerlo!

atikus dijo...

DE Woodstock a nuestros tiempos...no pasa el tiempo en el rock !!

buen finde ;)

Guti Morrison dijo...

¿Que tal Kitty, Daisy and Lewis en el primavera Sound?. Es un grupo que me llama muchísimo la atención, ¿Que tal sonaron?

http://guti-lachispaadecuada.blogspot.com/2008/12/kitty-daisy-lewis.html

Por cierto muy buen blog.
Guti

 
Free counter and web stats